The art room is designed to allow children to experience a variety of materials and methods for creative expression. The focus of art as a process will be stressed.
General art room objectives include:
- Fostering creative expression
- Learning to care for art materials
- Learning to share art materials
- Learning to care for and maintain art room
- Learning language particular to artistic materials
- Using large and small brushes
- Learning cooperation to achieve goals
- Caring for our environment
Available on a regular basis are:
- Paint – one or more of the following: vegetables, truck tires, cookie cutters, sponges, cotton swabs, bubble wrap, medicine bottles, cardboard tubes, balloons, string, styrofoam, etc.
- Scissors – straight or wavy/zig-zag line
- Chalk – large and small
- Crayons – block, large, small
- Hole punchers
- Paper – newsprint, magazines, construction paper, tissue, etc.
- Screens for chalk rubbings
- A variety of outside art
- “Painting” sidewalk with brushes and water
- Easel painting outside
- Rain painting with squirt bottle